[Public-List] Waste pumps

John Boor mahseer at kos.net
Thu Sep 29 04:51:00 PDT 2011

If you are installing a holding tank why do you need to size the macerator
pump output to a through hull.  I am rebuilding a boat and have decided to
use a macerator pump to the tank, the 1" output from the pump to the tank
I believe is not large enough to allow the tank to equalize when being
emptied so I have installed a vacuum relieve valve made by Dometic
company.