[Public-List] Tiller Head - I'm stuck!

Jeffrey fongemie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 10:39:41 PDT 2012

Glenn, no with the propane torch I have I can't get the bolt red hot. I
think the bolt, head & shaft together make too much of a heat sink.

I'm going to see if I can scrounge up a Mapp gas touch. Thanks for the
complements on the woodwork. I love working with wood, hate working with
nuts & bolts, fiberglass.

-Jeff

Jeff Fongemie
#116 Seagrass

http://picasaweb.google.com/fongemie

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Glennb <brooks.glenn at comcast.net> wrote:

> hi Jeff,  Did you heat the bolt to red hot? Iam surprised it didn't back
> out of the bronze shaft.
>
> Any chance the other end is peened...hammered into a mushroom shape to
> prevent extraction?
>
> BTW, your rebuild photos on line are fantastic.  great wood working and
> varnish!
>
> Glenn B
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Apr 2, 2012, at 7:39 AM, Gordon Laco <mainstay at csolve.net> wrote: