[Public-List] Help with Head fitting

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Mon Apr 16 08:53:59 PDT 2012

Chris,

Just a couple of notes:

Sounds like you are already replacing the through-hull for sure, but just in case you needed any more encouragement, some (all?) of the 1/2" "through-hulls" that were original to the first-generation A-30's were homemade affairs (homemade by Whitby) that did not inspire confidence.  They did obviously last quite a few years, but I was very happy to say "buh-bye."  Basically, they took a length of 1/2" pipe, pushed it through the hull from the inside, and then peened the outside over.

On your proposed location:  The one thing that would bother me about it is that I don't like to have the intake directly "downstream" of the discharge. It may not be important to you though.  One last thing (and you have probably already done this) is to check how that location works with the inlet on your particular head (the actual toilet, not the room) for hose routing.

Rachel
ex-#221