[Public-List] Lazy Jacks

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon Apr 23 13:46:12 PDT 2012

David,

It sounds like I use mine a little differently. I almost always use the lazy jacks when dropping the main while single-handing. The lazy jacks keep the sail under control such that I don't generally flake the main and tie it down until the boat is tied up. If a storm is approaching, I'll throw on some sail ties right away, but tidy up later.

My lazy jacks are rigged through a block on each side of the mast and down to existing cleats on the mast. When not deployed, I slacken these lines to hook the lazy jacks under the gooseneck.

George

Sent from a primitive pocket computer. Please assume all errors are due to that.