[Public-List] info request

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 1 04:30:27 PDT 2012

Structural: Mast beam for delamination; bulkheads for any signs of rot;
chainplates for any signs of weakness; spreaders and spreader bases
Plumbing: Gate valves; thru-hull fittings particularly the small ones which
where hand made by Whitby; hoses clamps the usual stuff
Electric: wiring, you may find brown 'extension cord' for wiring that was
common it that era
Decks: you will not find any deck problems unless there was damage to the
boat; the cockpit sole may be a little soft (no biggie); window leaks.
Below water: no hull problems or blisters are expected; check the cutlass
bearing and the rudder attachments, there should be minimal-to-no wiggle in
both

Most of these things are standard check points for any boat

Mike Lehman