[Public-List] Mast brace

Betsy Love truenorthintl at me.com
Thu Aug 2 16:04:00 PDT 2012

Hi I'm in the market for an Alberg 30 and found a 1971 that looks promising. There are two concerns I have before the surveyor has even had a look but I'm hoping someone here can inform me. It looks like there is mast compression problem because there is a raised circle approximately under the mast in the cabin ceiling. I'm pretty sure this is going to be expensive to fix but how expensive and can you recommend someone to do the work?  There also is what I think is a separation of the port deck from the support beam. The reason is that the deck squeeks when it is walked upon and looking underneath, there is a raised circle underneath the stanchion that has been covered with epoxy but I can see dark places underneath the epoxy. Any advice will be appreciated. Bets Love