[Public-List] Gudgeons - Gonna remove mine for project

James Almond okeebc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 14:42:16 PDT 2012

https://picasaweb.google.com/109826422544205272195/CookieRudder?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Take a look at the album linked above. I poked around, hand sanded a little
and uncovered the screws. It looks to me like I have the cast version of
the gudgeon pair. They appear to be in pretty good shape too except that
the upper corner on the port side has been ground down fair with the hull.
I found two small holes on the port side that appear to be there for PB
Blaster access! They were sealed with silicone and invisible under the
paint. The screws in the hull are SS and the two that hold the pair
together at the shaft are bronze. Today I began a VERY gentle heat then
Blaster regimen on the bronze screws that I will follow for a week or so.
Any suggestions concerning the proper way to get this done will be greatly
appreciated!

--
Jim - Alberg 30 #329
http://svcookie.blogspot.com/