[Public-List] Hello from Vancouver. (Somewhat) proud new owner of Antares 1967 A30.

Manza, John CIV OSD POLICY John.Manza at osd.mil
Wed Aug 1 09:33:28 PDT 2012

Brian...I forgot to send you the pics of the autohelm.  Get with me offline (john.manza at osd.mil) and I'll send.  John

-----Original Message-----
From: public-list-bounces at lists.alberg30.org [mailto:public-list-bounces at lists.alberg30.org] On Behalf Of Brian Zinser
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 12:12 PM
To: Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all
Subject: Re: [Public-List] Hello from Vancouver. (Somewhat) proud new owner of Antares 1967 A30.

Jeremy,

I am shocked at the price to unstep and step the mast. I also read your
March 2012 post on Sailnet.com. Here in Northern Ontario, the marina has
a gin pole and it costs me nothing (other than an occasional bottle of
scotch for the harbormaster who runs the gin pole winch). In other
communities I have lived (Chicago and Michigan) I have paid no more than
a $1 to a $1.50 a foot each way. I would check around at local sailing
clubs. In this part of the world many have a gin pole and I suspect
making a hundred dollar donation to their community or youth sailing
program and they would probably let you use their pole. The rig is
fairly balanced and goes up and down with no problem. It should not take
more than about 10-15 minutes each way with two people handling the rig
and another person running the gin pole winch.

Brian Zinser