[Public-List] A 30 Dodger

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sun Aug 12 06:17:57 PDT 2012

Here's something for the mix...

In March I bought myself an unused dodger at the Flea Market appended to the
Maine Boat Builder's Show.   Now that I have it home, I discover that the
normal way to make a dodger is to fabricate the tubing frame first, then fit
the canvass work to it.   Two local shops here have explained to me how
difficult it is to make a frame from scratch to fit an existing dodger.

I am thinking of trying to make myself a plastic plumbing tube frame as a
jig or template to bring to them.... Has anyone tried this before?

I used to turn my nose up at dodgers (as I once did to aluminium masts,
inboard engines, standing headroom, fibre glass anything etc but I still
draw the line a reversed transoms and fin keels) but since enjoying the
shelter of the one aboard WINDWARD last November, I now want one.

Gord #426 SURPRISE