[Public-List] good news and bad news

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Feb 1 14:02:11 PST 2012

I pulled the rudder shoe off of Calypso this afternoon. The good news is
that, in spite of considerable play, the pin is in good shape. The bad
news is that the threads are gone in the bottom of the rudder post.

My first thought is to put a bushing in there. Does anyone know where I
can get a 5/8-11 to 1/2-13 silicon bronze reducing bushing?

My fallback is to go to a 5/8" pin, but that means drilling into a
perfectly good rudder shoe. I'd rather not do that.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org