[Public-List] Tack Block for Asymmetrical Chute

gregr at nethere.com gregr at nethere.com
Tue Feb 21 13:08:21 PST 2012

Hi All,

I have an Asymmetrical arriving any day now and need to modify the boat to
fly it.

All of my other head sails use hanks and I'll be using a sock for the chute.

Is there a recommended method for mounting the tack block?

Is it ok to just move the head stay inboard one hole on the stem fitting?
That was the recommendation of my sail maker but I'm a little uncomfortable
with it. I like having it pretty much right over the forward strap.

One of the race boats in my marina has an eye on the forward strap of the
stem fitting. It looks like they reversed one of the bolts and used a
threaded ring/padeye as a nut. Mike is pretty serious about his racing; rod
rigging etc... I don't think he would settle for anything that didn't work
well.

Any ideas are welcome and Thanks for the Help!!!

Greg