[Public-List] Buying tip of the week

Robert Alley 1ralley at comcast.net
Mon Feb 6 11:35:48 PST 2012

You're both right. West's business plan appears to be that they'll get
the dollars of those who don't shop around (or ahead), and the $'s of
those for whom the money simply isn't important. Since that is most of
the sailing population, they assume they will thrive, more or less.
Their stock is down $5.00 since the summer of 2007. They have a lot of
stores-a significant cost.

Mike: There once was a box of show-and-tell parts that got trotted out
for the maintenance seminars. Who has it? What is left of my original
aluminum tiller head fitting surfaced; a lesson in what happens when
aluminum corrodes under chrome.

Best,

Rob