[Public-List] West price matching

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 7 11:35:34 PST 2012

My preference is a local dealer, if practical and price is within reason.  If I use the local dealer for advise, I will buy from him.  I don't beat up a local and then play the price game.  When it comes to a big box, I use them if I need it yesterday and for some things (expensive) I have no heart burn with making Worst Marine price match.  This is assuming I'm not getting advise or real sales help from them.  As to advise from Worst, I have a few salesmen that I will talk with - the youngsters  may talk at, but it is not a conversation.  Given the lead time I will use Defender, Jamestown or Hamilton.

I also avoid buying things from the Big Box that has been rebranded, example their caulk vs. BoatLife.

I should add that the friends I have that work for "the Big Box" know this and we still get along well.

Jim Davis
Privateer Isa Lei

Do not separate text from historical background. If you do, you will have perverted and subverted the Constitution, which can only end in a distorted, bastardized form of illegitimate government.
James Madison