[Public-List] West price matching

David Terrell dterrell1 at charter.net
Fri Feb 10 10:41:22 PST 2012

Another perspective

With the exception of Boats R Us, a local start up with an on-line
presence, West Marine is the local dealer inTraverse City, Mi. The
nearest non-West dealer is Irish in Charlevoix about 50 mi up the road.
Not much difference in price there - probably more expensive on some
items. After that it is West in Petoskey. Boaters world, while it
existed, did not provide much competetion as it did not focus as much on
sailboat related items as West does.

When I buy bigger ticket items, I always price match with West. They are
happy to work with me. After discussion last night at GTYC, I am
beginning to think VC17 is an item to price match on as well.

David, 432