[Public-List] Public-Listt on Facebook

John Riley jriley at dsbscience.com
Wed Jan 4 10:31:42 PST 2012

wcwinslow at aol.com wrote:
> Besides the Alberg 30 list I belong to the Catboat list which is proposing to have an account on both Facebook and Wikipedia. The comments from the membership so far have been skeptical, mainly because of privacy issues--particularly what Facebook does with the information it collects. I would appreciate your feedback on the benefits of these two social media sites for organizations like ours.
>

> William C. Winslow

Not a fan of Facebook at all.  Won't use it, period.

This comes up all the time on other lists..and my question is always
"WHY?"  We have this list which is archived and available on the web.
The Alberg 30 web site is likewise freely accessible and only a Google
Search or bookmark click away.

What on earth does adding a Facebook page bring to the table?  So far as
I can tell, the only 'benefit' is fitting in with the latest fad.  I
fail to see how it will help Alberg 30 owners and association members
stay in touch any better than they are now.

--
John S. Riley
S/V Gaelic Sea