[Public-List] Public-Listt on Facebook

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Wed Jan 4 11:06:46 PST 2012

I have a facebook account but don't use it much. Mostly because my interests in sailing and mountain biking aren't popular facebook topics - at least I havent found any good sailing sites to "like".

Two problems with facebook are that story telling disappears and if it is not updated daily to weekly, nobody will use it. Also, Facebook posts are little more than "tweets with graphics" and offer little room for exchange of ideas and technical know-how.

But Facebook images that people post really show the story and would allow Albergers to almost become part of the action instead of reading about it... T he magic is in the images. The Alberg listerve doesnt do images, which is really a shortcoming in the technology, as pictures really tell a story and are entertaining. So overall I see an Alberg Facebook site as a great resource and a fine way to compliment the listserve.

Security is a non starter for me. I thrive in boring obscurity - I have little to offer spies, hackers, and pirates. and my information is already collected on hundreds maybe thousands of databases worldwide - with no impact whatsoever. So Hoist the Jyb Matee, I say, 'Hoist away'! T he ill winds of the internet do me no harm.

Glenn b