[Public-List] Salsa Update / Mast Question / FULL Equipment List

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Thu Jan 19 09:55:26 PST 2012

Hi Kirk,

Many thanks for your reply. I am very heartened by your comments and observations regarding your mast. Its very nice to know the original Alberg specs stand up to the test of time. Also, your gear list is an excellent summary- provides great advice about what's really important to go cruising. Am thinking about contacting James to buy one of his gimballed stoves. Also I didnt know you installed a flex water tank. l've been thinking about that also, but there have been varying comments on the list about how ell these stand up... so now shall go order two forthwith an put them in!

Hahaha Love your comment "could have got by with an outboard". Wish I could bring myself to pull my Universal diesel, as I could use the space. But alas, am to found of it, so suspect it will stay on board far longer than I.

Fair winds. I know all of us on the list enjoy reading your posts and following you on your voyage! I certainty do, and am look forward to your adventures in the Atlantic and in Latin America. Did you ever think about heading up to Europe? I understand once in the Med, one can take a boat through the canals from southern France all the way north to the North Sea...

Thanks again! I have to rush off now and spend more money.

Cheers
Glenn