[Public-List] Missing Canadian A30 Owner

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Sat Jan 28 08:05:45 PST 2012

Re: Missing Canadian Cruiser: UPDATE

Thanks for this Ray, a good article that avoids speculations. Nice to see
some fact and the author sticking to what's actually known.

There are many possibilities as to John Batchelor of Joy B's fate, which has
led some folk to wild speculations. John was a former Great Lakes Alberg
Association member. I last met him at an Alberg rendezvous in Whitby a
couple or more years ago - an amiable fellow.

There are many possibilities, including simple misadventure, and he was in
his 70s.

I would suggest speculations and passing along hearsay, as some have, based
on imagination in the absence of fact are contra indicated, and likely to
cause more pain to a concerned family and friends.

All that is known: is that his boat was found at anchor and he not on it,
but his poor dog was. Earlier reports mentioned the boat appeared ransacked.

I would remind folk, 'Appeared ransacked' is not the same as 'was
ransacked.'

Again, there are many possibilities, including misadventure, and he was in
his 70s.

Bahamian authorities continue to investigate.

Trusting this perspective is helpful.

Again, thanks for the update Ray.

Kindest regards,

John