[Public-List] alberg 30 for sale

mr smith jungsters3 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 08:24:17 PDT 2012

hello all...

  bought my alberg 30 hull # 327 a couple of years ago in new london, conn...she is called the galatea ll by the original owner mr. bennett of greenwich, conn...who was a member of the chesapeake bay alberg 30 assoc. untill  2009...did'nt spend much time sailing that first year but did manage to refinsh all the original top side wood...the white deck & baby blue skid pad are also original with no sign of weak spots although there are a few areas where the gel coat (mostly the cockpit) is a bit thin...the wood beam under the mast was reinforced with quarter inch thick(2 sides) aluminum plate even though it shows no sign of fatique...the main & jib sails look almost new as does all the rigging......the hull still has the original baby blue gel coat above the waterline with there being no sign of damage (there is a deep scratch on the starboard side)or fatique above or below the waterline...there is no play or slop in the rudder...she's all pretty
 much circa 1968 with all the original amenties including the rebuilt atomic 4 motor which ran flawlessly on that 45 mile voyage to portland...as with the top side everything below is original...and i can honestly say in remarkable to amazing condition...kinda like a time capsule i would say...
   well, here i am 2 years later & although currently registered the galatea ll is still on the ' hard ' as u sailors might say...yea, i had/ have 'big' plans on sailing this very fine sloop but i have been thinking of letting her go to someone else who not only appreciates the alberg design but who may actually sail her...anyways, i'm still on the fence with selling but if someone were to offer me the right price...say...somewhere around $15000...well...i just  might let her go...if that works for you u or someone u may know u can reach me @ 860-429-4686 for more info...thanx...mike