[Public-List] Cape horn windvane problems

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Sat Jul 7 09:43:41 PDT 2012

Check to see that you have the correct vane installed.  As I remember there are two vanes provided. One for light air conditions and one for very heavy seas/wind speeds. There is also a sensitivity adjustment and if this is not set properly the gear will not perform well.

Certainly Yves is your best source for troubleshooting. Rick Leach #121 from Monterey Bay, CA has a C ape H orn installed and would also be able to help you. He is in the CBAA Roster, Cell # 831.920.8442

Michael #133