[Public-List] Hello from Vancouver. (Somewhat) proud new owner of Antares 1967 A30.

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Thu Jul 26 05:38:09 PDT 2012

Jeremy,

I have to agree with John Birch. You were done dirty. To purchase a boat survey is to obtain professional informed comments on the specific major components of the vessel being surveyed. Otherwise you could have saved yourself the $720.00 plus and done the look-see yourself. This is a very sad comment about the possibility of what can happen during a purchase survey. I certainly would pursue the refund offered the by the survey company, they owe you that at the least.

I hope that those reading this and considering the purchase of an Alberg 30 would post such intentions on this list with the hull number and you would be the recipient of much information about that particular model year. Then contact a current owner near you who could visit the boat with you prior to the survey.

That said, welcome to the "Family".  As you said, she has good bones. The boat basically is a stout craft and will serve you well. Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Michael #133