[Public-List] Sail track rivets on mast

Jeffrey alberg30nh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 09:44:00 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I need to do something about the main sail track. I know many of the rivets
are bad, last season we kept finding rivets heads on the deck!

I've read through past messages in the list archives to see what others
have done. I can't decide between hunting down monel rivets, tapping for SS
machine screws or just keeping replacing aluminum with aluminum.  I like
the idea of ss machine screws but I'm concerned about corrosion even with
the use of products like TefGel.

Has there been some newly formed consensus on the subject? Anyone go the
machine screw route and find it became a problem due to corrosion of the
threads in the aluminum holes?

-Jeff

Jeff Fongemie
#116 Seagrass