[Public-List] Wires through the mast

Jay Davenport jay at saildriver.com
Mon Mar 5 06:26:16 PST 2012

Mike,

Gord's wire tie solution to cable noise in the mast is a good one. I use it also.

When I rewired my mast, I wanted to avoid having the weight of the coax hanging on the grommet through the side of the mast. Using a large bolt that already ran through the mast from one side to the other (perhaps to secure vangs for the upper shrouds), I simply brought the coax up the mast to the bolt, and then circled around it, before exiting through the grommet. This way the bolt carries the coax weight, not the grommet. I believe that I also secured the coax in place around the bolt with a heavy wire tie.

Jay