[Public-List] Wires through the mast

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 5 11:56:11 PST 2012

I, too, used the normal rubber grommet for the exits but tied 3 plastic
cable ties every 2 feet or so up the cable (and wires for lights) such
that the tails came off at 120º . That holds  the wires off the mast so
that they do not slap against the mast as the boat rocks on anchor. I
have not had much trouble with fields, induced currents and interference
for radio reception at night if the lights are on.
     Just make sure that you use a white cladded wire, not the mast as
WBW did originally,  for the current return from lights on the rewiring!
Don