[Public-List] inner staysl shown on original Whitby Brochure??

David Terrell dterrell1 at charter.net
Thu Mar 8 11:23:57 PST 2012

Larry

Is this what you mean?

Spinnaker staysail — a loose-luffed staysail designed to be set under
(i.e., to weather of) a spinnaker, tacked either at mid-bow or at the
weather rail, depending on sailing angle. Its head is hoisted on a jib
or spinnaker halyard, and its sheet run through a snatch block on the
leeward rail or through the leeward jib lead car. A racing staysail is
often stored in a bag with a single sheet attached to its clew. Its tack
is fed through the bag to a shackle that gets attached to a padeye,
D-ring or perforated toe rail and the staysail is launched directly from
the bag. See also: daisy sail and windseeker. Compare to: genoa
staysail.

loose luffed — a sail that is attached at its head and tack, but that
has its luff free flying and unsupported by a spar or stay. On some
sails, such as a staysail, a wire or Spectra line in the luff allows it
to be tensioned enough to resist sagging to leeward in strong winds. See
also: spinnaker and staysail.

This is from sailorspeak. Spinnaker staysail is new to me.

David