[Public-List] Sail track rivets on mast - SS Machine screws

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Mon Mar 26 14:42:16 PDT 2012

Jeffrey, you are correct, monel (also known as cuprinichol) is absolutely
contra indicated on an Aluminum mast. It is much farther apart on the
galvanic scale to aluminum than 316 SS

Remember, your sail track is SS ( probably 302 or 304)

SS is the better route for you.

Remember, you are just trying to secure a sail track, not make a battery ; )

Cheers,

John