[Public-List] Tiller Head - I'm stuck!

Glennb brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Sat Mar 31 16:31:16 PDT 2012

Jeff,

I ve always had good success putting some heat on frozen bolts with a small torch.  once red hot, squirt some cutting oil, or penetrating oil on the bolt. The heat will swell the material,   the oil will quench the bolt- rapidly shrink it- causing the threads to loosen up.  also the heat will draw the oil into the threads  and allow you to back it out of the shaft easier.

(cut the nasty old deck away from around the shaft son you can get your hands into the work area). I replaced my cockpit floor last summer, makes life a lot easier when you cab get at the shaft, etc!

Cheers,
Glenn P.
dolce 318
Sent from my iPad