[Public-List] Regarding 1966 Alberg (off list)

Daniel Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Tue May 15 17:36:23 PDT 2012

Hi George,

I have a 1966 that I've had for 26 years now... If you aren't aware of
the maintenance manual that the association publishes, it is a MUST. You
will learn some non-obvious things. For example, the bolts (actually
screws) that originally held , or still hold the chain plates, including
bow and stern, are undersized, and very likely bent if they have not
been replaced by bigger bolts. Very important to check.

Some other important things, like being sure that the cheesy
factory-original through-hull valves were replaced, again, likely yes,
but potentially very serious if not. There are some other areas that you
should check, but all-in-all it's a very solid boat, and nearly
indestructible.

The members of the association are tremendously helpful. I do have some
parts, as do most owners, so please feel free to ask any questions and
request any parts... It's a great sailing and beautiful boat, good luck
to you, sounds like you are getting some good help.

--Dan Sternglass
Watcher of the Skies, #201, 1966, Ithaca, NY, Cayuga Lake

dans at stmktg.com
mobile: +1607-592-8012

Strategic Marketing Associates
403 Highgate Road