[Public-List] Manifold petcock Atomic 4

Ronald Walker rwpsw at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 18 12:47:10 PDT 2012

Maybe someone can help me with a small problem I discovered during the spring start-up procedure.On the aft part of the manifold there is a petcock. Its is for draining the manifold water jacket. As I began to close the petcock I noticed it was loose. I tried to tighten it but it ended up falling off in my hand. After a good close look I saw that the threads were all buggered up.On the petcock as well as the hole. I thought about running a tap in to maybe sweeten up the threads but the recess is way to shallow. Any advise would be appreciated.