[Public-List] Wednesday Night Racing (5/16)

Jonathan Adams laughing_gull at verizon.net
Fri May 18 14:42:03 PDT 2012

Last Wednesday was really a spectacular evening on the water. weatherman once again got it wrong. It was slated for ~7-9 knots, and we had 12 - 15 - dying as the sun went down.

Here is the video - start watching at about 8.15 - http://www.t2p.tv/cms/ik1EcKguS1s.html

TC was double handing - Looked good TC!! We had a good race, and displayed stellar foredeck work. Coming around the windward mark, we launched the chute perfectly - sideways; down it came, reworked up it went 30 seconds no more - sideways. At this point Larry had to join Moe and Curley on the foredeck, and it went up right. We did this all before Harry got his chute up - as I said it was stellar! except for the sideways thing. We had enough headway to drive over Harry, and regain second place, which was good because Harry had an excellent race and once in the groove was getting better boat speed than Laughing Gull.

By the end of the race by the bridge Laughing Gull was followed closely (4 - 5 boat lengths?)  by Second to Nunn (Harry), Asylum, Argo, and  all in a clump, Skybird followed. I think people were in that order, but  cannot recall exactly - Place 3 and 4 were neck and neck, but I think Harry squeaked in.

Everyone was pointing higher than me out in the Bay - someone needs to give me some pointers - no pun intended.

For those that are interested in racing Wednesday nights - this is a good video - come out, we can get you on a boat, and would love to have you.

Jonathan
Laughing Gull 197