[Public-List] Another personal introduction

ben herington benherington at hotmail.com
Thu May 17 11:59:10 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,I've been reading this list for a few months now, love reading everyone talking about Albergs. So thought Id introduce myself.
My name is Ben. I'm an australian who bought A30 #489 last November in Massachusetts from a gentleman named Harlan Doliner. Her new name is Curieuse, named after a remote island in the Seychelles I spent a couple of years on working in marine research and conservation.
Done a fair bit of adventuring with the boat so far and am totally in love with her, I know I don't need to sing A30 praises on here though, we all love our boats!We had a fantastic time sailing her through the Bahamas, Exumas, Turks and Caicos and BVI on our way to Antigua. She sailed beautifully and I never doubted her one bit! She's now sadly out of the water in Antigua and awaiting my return at the end of summer.
It was a sad day leaving her behind in Antigua while the boat I work on heads back to europe, but very much looking forward to getting back there next winter. Got some deck re-coring of the area around the mast step to look forward, a stuffing box re-build and then much more Caribbean sailing time!!! Can't wait!!
I hope you are all having success with your projects and getting ready for another great season on the water with your Alberg 30!!
Cheers... Ben