[Public-List] Masthead sheaves.

Stephen Gwyn stephen.gwyn at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Mon Nov 26 10:18:26 PST 2012

Hi,

I climbed out the mast on Saturday and pulled out all
the masthead sheaves, which were in a woeful state.
Not to mention the thin plate of aluminum which goes
between the sheaves, which had several sharp snags
on it.

The aluminum plate is easy to replace, but the sheaves
don't seem to be a very standard size. They're also
fairly worn, so I'm having difficulty getting
accurate measurements. Can anyone confirm the following:

Outside diameter 2 1/2"
Hole: 3/8"
Width: 7/16"
Groove depth: 7/32"

I'm running 10mm line (a smidge over 3/8"). Are there
better dimensions?

I see older posts about a group purchase of sheaves.
What were the dimensions of those sheaves?

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen Gwyn                       | Tel: 1-250-363-3136
Canadian Astronomical Data Centre  | Fax: 1-250-363-0045
Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics | Cell: 1-250-885-6969
5071 West Saanich Road             | E-mail: Stephen.Gwyn at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Victoria, BC, V9E 2E7, Canada      | http://astrowww.phys.uvic.ca/~gwyn/