[Public-List] Current Example of problem of not changing the Subject Line

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sat Oct 20 09:33:05 PDT 2012

Michael,

On 10/20/12 9:48 AM, Michael Connolly wrote:

> George Wrote,
> I find results for circumnavigators searching the message archives,
> either at http://alberg30.org/public-list or in the google search box on
> the pages of http://alberg30.org  Neither give the results of today's
> emails, because the indexing is only run once a day and Google doesn't
> index the site continuously, either.
>

> For instance if someone were to search the Alberg 30 Web site for
> Circumnavigations and the site listed this current dialog the
> searcher would view a bunch of off topic conversations about Web Site
> listserv's vs Forums ...................... not germane or helpful to
> their search.

When you search the archives using the built-in search capability, it
lists the results by how well it matches the search term(s), not by just
the subject line. See
http://lists.alberg30.org/mmsearch.cgi/public-list-alberg30.org?config=public-list-alberg30.org&restrict=&exclude=&method=or&format=long&sort=score&words=circumnavigations+circumnavigator+circumnavigation+circumnavigators
for an example of the results.

You get similar results when using the Google search of the whole site:
http://alberg30.org/searchResults.html?q=circumnavigations This searches
both web pages and the email archives, together.

When you click through to a message, you can click "thread" to see the
message in context with others.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org