[Public-List] Rudder Shoe

Peter McEvoy peter.t.mcevoy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 12:58:26 PDT 2012

Hey Y'all,

Thanks for the feedback. And thanks, Michael for your concern- I don't
think asking for a pintle hole is too much though- my plan for that is to
just make a quick jig for the finished shoes to fit into, and drill out the
pintle hole on the drill press. Although Glenn's suggestion that custom
fitting the pintle hole to the boat is prudent. For now I'll leave them
undrilled unless people request otherwise.

And regarding the price, it's hard to say, but I think charging about 100
per shoe is surely inexpensive, but should cover all the material costs and
give me a little pocket money to boot. But again, I really don't mind doing
this and I need a shoe probably more than anybody else right now.

Here's who's on the list for the first round:

Jeremy: j_l_brown at shaw.ca
Mark Dietrich: mrkdtrch at yahoo.com
John Manza: John.Manza at osd.mil
Chuck Thomas: thomascwcj at bellsouth.net
Myself

I'll know on Thursday when the casting date will be, but I believe it could
happen next Saturday. The studio is in Berkeley so if Mark or anybody would
like to check out the pour that should be possible. I'll keep you updated!

Cheers,

Peter