[Public-List] Installation of foot control for windlass

Elyse Pastor elyse.pastor at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 23 19:02:00 PDT 2013

Hello fellow "Albergers" ,I am looking to install at the bow the foot controls for an electrical windlass aboardLady Heron.   I have a control in the cockpit, but now being a solo sailor with a badback, I need the electrical control at the bow.  My late husband Bruno, had left the wiring for the foot control at the bow but we had not agreed as to where to install the foot controls.
In consideration of the bulkhead, the original Alberg table which is stowed below and the fact of keeping the pedals away from the anchor chain and docking lines, I would install the foot controls right behind the starboard cowl.  Anyone has another idea/comment on where else it could be installed?  The electrical windlass installed is a Dolphin 1000.  The diameter of each of the up and down pedal is 3 inches.  Thank you for your input,ElyseLady Heron #297