[Public-List] Bizzare electrical problem

Glennb brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Wed Apr 10 20:20:33 PDT 2013

Thanks Dennis,  Good comments.  Initially I reported the coax cable got hot to the point of bulbing the plastic outer coating more or less simultaneous with starting the engine first time since last fall.  So I've been asking for comments about how this coax could be grounding out to the engine, as all the 12v DC circuits were turned off, except for the starter switch and bulge pump...

So far I haven't  found a 12v power source that could be in direct contact with the coax, but am going to pick up a multimeter in the day or so and go through all the 12v circuits to see if any are shorting out somewhere- starting first with the coax.

Glenn
Dolce 318
Sent from my iPad