[Public-List] Interior painting

Elyse Pastor elyse.pastor at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 18 06:25:38 PDT 2013

Hello Gordon!In 2009 we painted the interior cabin of Lady Heron without any additional mildew additive in the paint.Yesterday I removed the tarp from the boat, went below and still not a trace of mildew.  The preparation priorto painting and all was a lot of work but well worth it!  Before stripping all the cabin down to the fiberglass, Ihad washed her down many times with water and vinegar.  Then stripped down everything to the fiberglass.Re-washed everything with water and vinegar, let it dry and then the fun began.  In all Lady Heron had2 coates of primer (Interlux Pre-Kote Brightside Polyurethan - coat one in gray - coat two in white).  In betweencoats, I sanding her down with 220.  The finish is Brightside Polyurethan Blue Glo-White  (code Y4259) also 2coats and sanding using 320.  I chose a very "bright" white because I knew it would make the cabin look so much"bigger" .  And it still looks very very good!  Good luck!ElyseLady Heron #297