[Public-List] Wednesday Night Racing + water in ice box

Jonathan Adams laughing_gull at verizon.net
Fri Aug 9 14:19:21 PDT 2013

I just want to say that I think we are having September in August - we had August in July!

The sailing has been fantastic. Last Wednesday, was crazy. We had a relatively rookie crew aboard, wind stayed around 20+, and the fleet stuck together until well into the long course for Annapolis (B4 I think). Asylum won, but we traded places a number of times, and from Tulley point in, we put up the chute, and forced Asylum to follow suite. We could not catch them. The boat stayed upright, I even snuck in a beer! Argo and Skybird finished neck and neck with less than 50 yards to go (not sure who won). Looked like Skybird caught a slice of wind and snuck in. We are missing Lin Gin - need a report on the repair status!
Here is the footage Check out minute 6:00 for the start and 9:06 for the approach to the first mark. http://www.t2p.tv/cms/mYthTDz0dbM.html

Tim, you all really took off after the turn out towards the Bay bridge. I thought I had you, off Tulley point, but since you had overstood, you were able to foot of and drive through those waves. That mark was interesting for us, as we were close enough to Argo to stop her form tacking over to make the mark - we probably stayed too long on that tack before tacking over to make the mark - that probably gave you a few boat lengths. Not sure it would have made any difference, but ...

Asylum - you need to be at the Canadian Regatta this year, you all are making that boat go fast! You can stay at PSA. It is the best race  of the year, and the socializing is great. I normally leave the boat there that week, and then sail it down the next weekend.

We have water in our icebox in plastic bottles, and from ice. if you have to take the hose off, it may mean moving the port side of the engine box to get to the hosing which is a pain. However, you can also remove the piece of wood at the foot of the bunk below the icebox. This will allow you to get under there. This will also allow you to throw in some insulation for the bottom of the box if none exists. It is next to the engine, so the more the merrier.