[Public-List] fuel tank issue

gordon white gewhite at crosslink.net
Sun Aug 18 12:47:24 PDT 2013

Some years ago I had the engine fail to run because there was gunk in
the bottom of the tank and the pickup had a screen on it that got
clogged. I make it a practice NOT to have a screen on the pickup because
it can clog and if to does, always at the worst possible time, such as
sailing downwind towards a closed drawbridge.  And under way it is
almost impossible to clear without taking the tank out of the
compartment it is in. I have twin, switchable, fuel filters to clean up
my fuel.
  - Gordon White,

Brigadoon II