[Public-List] Deck painting

Don Lang potatosailor at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 24 21:00:47 PDT 2013

 Rod,
I do sail barefoot, here in Hawaii its slippah's (flip flops) ashore and barefoot on the boat.
On passages we are usually butt naked...what you might call a true "bare-boat" :-)
The
 individual that applies the paint has a great deal of control over the
texture; the pressure applied to the roller and how may times and how
long you take to roll it makes a huge difference.  As it starts to cure
the more you roll it, the more aggressive the texture becomes.
You
can roll it very little and have soft curly peaks that's easy on the
feet, or you can roll it out again fifteen minutes after you've started
rolling and the peaks will stay standing and jagged. "bloody knees"
texture is what the rep called it.
Working small areas a few feet at a
 time is important so you can be consistent with how long you are
working each area and that will ensure an even texture (with a little
practice).

Cheers, Don

Don ?; do you sail barefoot ? ?I have walked on a deck that had been treated, but I did not ask with what, and it was too aggressive. ?It was hard on bare feet.
Rod

Sent from Samsung Mobile