[Public-List] Newbee Looking for help with rudder parts

Michael Connolly crufone at comcast.net
Sun Dec 15 11:26:39 PST 2013

Gord,

Wonderful

Michael

----- Original Message -----

From: "Gordon Laco" <mainstay at csolve.net>
To: "Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all" <public-list at lists.alberg30.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2013 2:25:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Public-List] Newbee Looking for help with rudder parts

Hi Michael -

I know those folks fairly well... I've worked with them on various projects
and we've talked in generalities about the idea of them doing casting for
gear that I currently import from Europe.

I'll write to them and tell you how it goes.  I'll deal with the president
instead of the foundry manager and see where that goes.

Stand by -

Gord

On 15/12/13 2:22 PM, "Michael Connolly" <crufone at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hey Gord,

Maybe you can convince Edison to locate the parts and the Alberg
> 30 group of owners could get a 50th Anniversary rudder gear casting package
> together.  If they have the patterns and are willing to part with them then
> the Alberg 30 group should achieve them somewhere for safe keeping and future
> castings.  Whether your boat has gone upon the rocks, like Brad's, or not all
> our boats are getting to the age when these parts are wearing out from normal
> use. I don't know who does the castings for Edison but there are several small
> specialty foundries who could do the work.  We all know that the labor
> intensive part of the process is getting the patterns correct.

How well
> do you know the folks at Edison?  Do you think they would be willing to help
> us with a casting project?  Heck, if Peter McEvoy had the patterns he might be
> willing to forge, ahem cast, ahead with another Alberg 30 project. I wonder if
> Edison has the pattern for the rudder head fitting for the wooden tiller?

Michael #133