[Public-List] A30 castings from Edson

Michael Connolly crufone at comcast.net
Tue Dec 17 06:17:50 PST 2013

Gord,

Hey you got me all excited about original replacement parts.  I knew the Davey parts were not a perfect match for the original Alberg 30 parts. If I remember correctly the Davey parts are similar to the ones cast at Port Townsend Foundry and they do not fit the Alberg 30 without substantial modification.

So my question is exactly what patterns does Edson have which were used for the original Alberg 30 production?  This information would be invaluable for the Alberg Groups to have.  We collectively would encourage Edson to keep them in safe place so they could be used either us or them for future castings of replacement parts.

Tracking this down and developing a relationship with Edson would be of great benefit for any Alberg 30 owner.  We tend to keep our boats for some period of time and there will always be a need for these parts.

We appreciate your efforts in sorting this out for us.

Michael #133