[Public-List] A30 castings from Edson

Michael Connolly crufone at comcast.net
Tue Dec 17 07:33:36 PST 2013

Thanks. Good morning to you Gord,
I was thinking of the best way to organize for the Alberg 30 Groups/owners what Edson has patterns for and would be willing to cast for owners.  I know the boat building and parts business is sometimes a bit haphazard. My interest would be to help the Alberg group by working with Edson, and perhaps other mfg's, to organize their patterns and archive them in a way whereby future owners or groups of owners can contact them asking for such and such a part and easily get it made for them.  What do you think? Asking too much? This is a project which interests me, but you are the one with the close Edson contacts.

Possibly, we could start by having you, with Bill's permission, send his photos to Edson asking them if they have patterns to match?  I believe that Bill's boat #11 and mine #133 might be fitted with the same pintle/gudgeon arrangement. In the meanwhile I will ask Bill to send his photos to me if he will.

My thoughts are if the patterns for the original equipment for the Alberg 30 exist, they should be carefully looked after and not lost.  There is a market for these parts. Whether Pt. Townsend, Buck Algonquin, Edson, Davey or Peter McEvoy casts them is in material.  I believe that groups of 30 parts could be made, to save mfg costs, and they would find themselves to market.
Michael #133