[Public-List] Newbee Looking for help with rudder parts

vmarmei vmarmei at axis-design.org
Tue Dec 17 21:49:04 PST 2013

  Yes man....
Now you are talking my language..... Yes they can be machined from
bar stock. They can be machined stronger with beefier wings with
screw holes that go from side to side right through the boat back
keel. You can machine them wider and stronger with pockets for a
split replaceable bushing and make them a little longer in the front
to take 4 smaller screws for extra strength. A sandwiched bolt
through set up is much stronger and better than any bolt screwed into
fiber glass.
The same situation applies to the bottom shoe and shaft end of the
rudder. The A30 should have an 1 inch replaceable bushing and shaft
end at the bottom of the rudder shoe also.
Villo Marmei
A30 618/641