[Public-List] Re-Sealing the Deck to Hull Joint

Michael Grosh dickdurk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 18:58:16 PST 2013

The stainless steel half round rub rail (there are two lengths on each
side) covers over the deck to hull joint on Checkmate. I goop up the
backside of it after removing for painting (and the toe rail work), then
replace and that gives me peace of mind as far as potential leaks there. I
don't know if it is necessary. Separating the deck and hull to do the job
right just seems scary.
I was concerned about the 2 sections warping after removing the bolts
holding the toe rail, but it wasn't an issue. The hull is rock solid.
On mine, all the leaks seemed.to come from the decaying toe rail and those
bolts.
Michael Grosh