[Public-List] Re-Sealing the Deck to Hull Joint

Robert Kirk isobar at verizon.net
Thu Dec 26 06:57:48 PST 2013

   Sorry, Michael... The internet gremlins cut off the last "N" of the url
   and put it on the next line. A compressed url is:
      http://tinyurl.com/m5ll87x
   or just search for dowel centers on Amazon.
   The best part of using dowel centers is that bolt spacing doesn't
   matter at all and you don't need precise measurements. Put the dowel
   centers in the existing bolt holes in the deck, position the piece of
   toe rail above them, and give a whack with a soft hammer. The
   resulting  impressions in the bottom of the toe rail are then drill
   centers for the new bolts. To avoid buying a lot of centers, loosely
   bolt just one bolt to maintain position and repeat the process... Bob