[Public-List] Cockpit seats renewal

Randy Katz randy.katz50 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 12:37:51 PST 2013

Greetings,

Yes, there are aesthetic considerations, so this may not do for everyone,
but I've been very happy with my new seat lids, added several years ago. I
used gray half-in. Starbord which is a solid plastic, flat in finish.  The
gray color (it comes in white and perhaps other colors) is a nice neutral
tone. The plastic is plenty stiff enough for standing on, is waterproof,
and -- for me a real plus-- requires no  maintenance.  I doubled it up
along some edges so I could use longer screws for the piano hinge. Added a
hasp and lock-- no problem.

I highly recommend the stuff -- you might at least consider it.

Best Regards,
Randy Katz
Bellingham/Seattle

--