[Public-List] Stern squat.

Jeremy Brown j_l_brown at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 14 20:27:48 PST 2013

Hi all,
As I finish up some projects and spend more time actually relaxing on the boat I'm noticing some things that bug me that I would like to fix soon.   One of the biggest is the squat at the stern.  While I do need to empty the aft lockers, and currently have nothing up front, it seems to me that it squats a bit even when totally empty.  One thing I have noticed is that the mast is slid as far it will go aft on it's bolts.  Could I move it forward?

Has anybody added permanent weight up forward?  I have a Yanmar 2GM20F, and tank under the cockpit sole, as well as the port locker containing my house battery bank, even with empty lockers she sits a little bit heavy aft.
I'm thinking either poured in place concrete(broken up into smaller sections with 3/8$ foam, with a hard plastic layer on top of 1/2" closed cell foam to make it easy to remove if needed, and to protect the hull, or lead(shot in bags).

I'd like to get the bow down a couple inches, it's not the end of the world if I can't but it does bug me a fair bit.

Thanks

Jeremy