[Public-List] Stern squat.

David Gilbert bigkanu at rogers.com
Fri Feb 15 07:45:37 PST 2013

Big Kanu is # 620 and sports a liner; one of the newer ones if you can
call a boat built in 1977 "newer". I have heard that Carl Alberg
designed the 30 at the request of some sailors in the Chesapeake Bay
and that it was designed without an engine. Kurt Hansen, being smart
enough to recognize the potential, installed an engine without
altering the ballast - ergo, she squats. Last year at launch, well
before the mast was reinstalled, I had members come to me in a panic
because they thought the boat was taking on water.
David