[Public-List] stern squat

j_l_brown j_l_brown at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 15 17:33:12 PST 2013

 I lived on my motorbike for almost a year.
I've backpacked in BC extensively as well.
Sleeping downhill is the only thing I don't tolerate especially in my home, every day.  I'd not fuss if I was only on the boat on the weekend.

I sleep in the salon in the winter when alone despite the slightly short berth.   With two in one berth that is not comfortable(a mostly sleepless night last night confirmed this fact, 12" each is too narrow).

Head forward with two in the v berth is uncomfortable as well.  Nothing makes a girl less inclined to spend the night again than waking up by bashing their head on the shelves or deck as they sit up.  I do at least once a week when sleeping head first but I have a thicker skull I suspect.

It's something I'd like to correct at least somewhat.

Emptying the lazarette has helped a lot, I'll store sails there in future. I think some trim ballast would help further, even 100lbs to start.  The materials and methods to secure it I'm very interested in discussing.

Sent from Samsung Mobile